If you are a business owner, you MUST have a professional website in order to appear credible. Professional websites offer more opportunities for revenue, profit, customer engagement, and exposure to potential customers. There are over 2.4 billion Internet users in the world! You have to have a great website to be credible. If you’re still not convinced that your business needs a website, here are five reasons:
1. People are Online: Oftentimes, small business owners don’t feel like they need a website because they only sell locally or only have one location for their business. If you fall into this category, you still need a website! What if you have someone who heard about your business and wants to know what hours you are open? They are going to check your website. If you don’t have one then they aren’t going to show up at your store! The same goes for if they’re looking for your company’s phone number, product offerings, or address. In this day and age, a website is ESSENTIAL to your customers!
2. Credibility: A professional website makes your company appear credible. A majority of customers do Internet research before buying a product. If you have a professional website loaded with a FAQ section, testimonials, and information about your company, then people are much more inclined to take their business to your company. However, if they can’t find your website, or your website is very outdated, then they will likely take their business elsewhere. A well designed, updated, and informative website will add endless amounts of credibility to your brand.
3. Search Engine Optimization: When people search online for items or services that you offer, you want your name to pop up as one of the firsts. If your top five competitors pop up first in search engine results, then your business will get looked over and seem irrelevant to customers. Create backlinks, tags, and keywords to appear at the top. You can also do a sponsored ad online. These ads show up first, and appear at the top when people search for your company’s offerings.
4. Global Presence: Don’t limit yourself to just one small city! The Internet enables your brand to be recognized in countries all over the globe. A professional website could build you a customer base in an area that you have never thought about before.
5. 24-7 Exposure: Imagine checking your online store at the end of the day and having more online sales than you did in-store. A professional website/web store enables you to sell to customers at any hour of the day!
Don’t limit your business to just local results! Get a website presence and grow your business in 2016!